Site Safety Engineer
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by our client. They have a business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and a Cracker (Ethylene and Propylene) in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The name of this project is ‘Project One’, this will be managed by an Integrated Program Management Team.
Project One will ensure the plant is delivered:
• With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases
• On-time and within budget
• Total compliance with all government laws and Ineos policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase
The purpose of the Safety Engineer is to ensure that Project One meets National and International standards and deliver a safe and reliable plant to the planned cost and schedule.
The role will contribute in the SHE discipline within Project One and provide functional support and guidance to the project managers and process safety engineers, including hand over and integration of activities with the site safety and SHE team that will work to ensure safety during operation.
Front End Engineering Design (FEED) Study Role:
• To support the project HSSE Manager in the performance of his/her duties.
• Support the layout of the site relating to safe operability and accessibility.
• Work closely with the Process Engineers and Process Safety Engineers and advise them about SHE issues during design.
• Participate in the SHE reviews of all FEED Contractors’ and vendor systems, processes and procedures, including PEPs, Quality Plans, etc for Safety aspects.
• Provide Project One Process Engineers and Process Safety Engineering input into tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s Code of Conduct and HSSE standards.
Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) role
• Responsibilities generally as above (but now related to working with the EPC Contractor).
• Ensure the facilities are designed, built and commissioned in compliance with all relevant statutory and Project One regulations.
• Manage the relevant interface(s) with INEOS stakeholders, ensuring the operations function is well-prepared for eventual project ownership, including the timely handover of the agreed SHE deliverables to support training, operations and maintenance procedure development, Maintenance Management System population, etc.
• Working closely with the Operations Representatives and advise them about SHE issues.
• Degree qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline;
• Several years’ experience in Chemical, Oil and gas or Petrochemical setting;
• Level 1 Safety Advisor as per Belgian Legislation;
• Good knowledge of the national laws, European guidelines and international SHE standards;
• Sound knowledge of key discipline areas including:
• HAZOP, QRA and LOPA;
• Process Safety Consequence Analysis;
• Machine Safety.
• Fluent Dutch and good English communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
• Strong planning and organizing ability;
• Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources;
• Willing and flexibility to travel a lot (mostly tot he UK)
You will be offered a very competitive salary package.