Control & Automation Engineer
You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by our client. They have a business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and a Cracker (Ethylene and Propylene) in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The name of this project is ‘Project One’, this will be managed by an Integrated Program Management Team.
Project One will ensure the plant is delivered:
• With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases
• On-time and within budget
• Total compliance with all government laws and Ineos policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase
The purpose of the Control and Automation Engineer is to ensure that the infrastructure installed on Project One meets National International and company standards and a deliver safe and reliable plant to the planned cost and schedule.
The role will lead the Control and Automation discipline within Project One and provide functional support and guidance to the project Control and Automation engineers where they are in place. Where project Control and Automation Engineers are not in place, they will perform the role of Control and Automation Engineer for that project.
Front End Engineering Design (FEED) Study Role:
• Work closely with the Project Control and Automation Engineers to ensure that all Control and Automation Engineering issues are properly resolved in a timely manner, that design changes are managed correctly, and that the facilities comply with all Project one and statutory requirements and stakeholder expectations.
• Monitor all Control and Automation Engineering design and procurement work performed by the FEED Contractors and other third party designers/vendors, providing oversight and guidance, ensuring that all work satisfies Project One specifications and standards.
• Ensure detailed review of all FEED Contractors’ and vendor systems, processes and procedures, including PEPs, Quality Plans, etc for Control and Automation aspects.
• Provide Project One Control and Automation Engineering input into the preparation, review and approval of Procurement procedures, the Project Supplier List, contractor/vendor pre-qualification, Purchase Requisitions, Invitations to Tender, etc.
• Provide Project One Control and Automation Engineering input into tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s Code of Conduct.
Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) role
• Responsibilities generally as above (but now related to working with the EPC Contractor).
• Ensure the facilities are designed, built and commissioned in compliance with all relevant statutory and Project One regulations.
• Monitor vendor performance on all Control and Automation Engineering matters, ensuring shop technical queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner, visiting vendor shops as appropriate.
• Support the QA Manager in resolving Control and Automation Engineering non-conformances, concession requests, etc.
• Liaise closely with the EPC Contractor personnel at the Module Fabrication Yard(s) and Construction Site on all Control and Automation Engineering matters, ensuring yard/field technical queries are resolved in a proper and timely manner.
• Manage the relevant interface(s) with company stakeholders, ensuring the operations function is well-prepared for eventual project ownership, including the timely handover of the agreed Control and Automation Engineering deliverables to support training, operations and maintenance procedure development, Maintenance Management System population, etc.
• Degree qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline;
• More than15 years’ experience in Engineering role it Oil and gas or Petrochemical setting. Operations experience would be a significant advantage;
• Sound knowledge of key disciple areas including:
• Knowledge of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 norms and their practical application to projects;
• Layer of Protection Analysis and QRA;
• The operation of a project with a Main Automation Contractor.
• Major project experience with strong design engineering/procurement background and a broad understanding of multiple disciplines and their interfaces;
• Experience of supervising work in a Contractor’s Design Office;
• Experience of supervising work in a Module Fabrication Shop;
• Experience of field engineering and/or construction on a major Construction Site.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
• Strong planning and organising ability;
• Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources;
• Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo;
• Good understanding of business drivers and ability to align design philosophies;
• Broad estimating skills and practical understanding of costs (capital, operating, life cycle);
• Willing and flexibility to travel a lot (mostly tot he UK)
• Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
You will be offered a very competitive salary package.