You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by our client. They have a business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and a Cracker (Ethylene and Propylene) in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The name of this project is ‘Project One’, this will be managed by an Integrated Program Management Team.
Project One will ensure the plant is delivered:
• With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases
• On-time and within budget
• Total compliance with all government laws and Ineos policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase
The purpose of the Civil Engineer is to ensure that the infrastructure installed on Project One meets National, International and our client’s standards and deliver a safe and reliable plant to the planned cost and schedule.
This role will Lead the Civil disicpline within Project One and provide functional support and guidance to the project Civil engineers. They will also have to take on the role of project engineer for specific projects.
Specific Role Requirements:
• Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
• More than10 years’ experience in Engineering role in Oil and gas or Petrochemical setting.
• Operations experience would be a significant advantage.
• Sound knowledge of Belgium Civil regulations and laws.
• Work from the UK, at least 3 days a week.
In general, Project One personnel will require the following skills:
• Excellent team player
• Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• Strong planning and organizing ability
• Highly motivated, achievement oriented
• Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds
• Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources
• Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo
• Broad estimating skills and practical understanding of costs (capital, operating, life cycle)
• Willing and flexibility to travel
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
You will be offered a very competitive salary package.