Project Development Specialist R&D
This company is an international, innovative, family-owned company based in Luxembourg, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and the UK.
Over the course of just a few years, they have gained the leading position in their home market, namely the Belgian wound care market and are working towards achieving this on an international level.
• You drive product development projects on the cross-road of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, digital applications and services.
• You drive development projects from customer need and idea-generation to pilot- and industrial scale-up/role-out stage, whereby your focus is on the needs of the customer or patient.
• You develop project plans, identify and analyze risks, constraints and resource requirements and build and assess time estimates.
• You coordinate and ensure successful on-time completion of cross-functional development projects that may span functions, organizations, geographic regions and cultures.
• You collect and analyze customer feedback concerning the developed product and processes and translate the results into a technical product/process definition.
• You institute design changes based on internal and external customer feedback.
• You analyze and organize prototype and pre-clinical application trials within the R&D team to evaluate prototype performance and safety. You plan and follow up pilot trials and industrial scale-up trials in production.
• You develop effective relationships and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
• You directly report on project progression to the Vice-President R&D
• You prepare and maintain full documentation for R&D design and development administration and procedures, in accordance with relevant SOPs, GxP and ISO standards.
• You write engineering, biocompatibility, SDS and other reports related to the product development projects and create presentations when required.
• You participate in the company-wide innovation management processes, including projects outside the direct scope of the function and provide close support to the Vice-President R&D
• You participate in product portfolio road mapping exercises and product development concept phases.
• You are willing to gain specific technical knowledge through contacts with internal and external stakeholders and through literature, patents and seminars.
• You are driven by a desire to improve patients’ health.
• You are convinced that biotech innovation, correctly designed and developed, can improve patients’ lives helping them to live the life they love.
• You hold a degree in engineering (eg civil engineering, industrial engineering,) or comparable scientific technical background.
• You have an understanding of functional and technical pharmaceutical, medical device and/or digital project development processes and innovation processes.
• You are enthusiastic about product development and driving multidisciplinary project teams (cross-functional teams, multiple projects, multiple types of products, etc).
• You are fluent (written and verbal) in Dutch and English.
• You have excellent time management, presentation, communication and meeting facilitation skills.
• You have the ability to prioritize tasks and adjust to sudden changes in workflow.
• You are ambitious, energetic, driven and work well in a team-environment.
• You are proactive, and you are a driver for change. At the same time, you are pragmatic, problem-solving and looking for initiative.
• You are willing to master new skills and develop yourself.
• You are willing to travel up to 10% of your time (short trips).
• Excellent working conditions
• An innovative and inspiring work environment
• Independent project work & responsibilities within a professional team
• Career prospect
• Learning and development opportunities
• Competitive remuneration according to experience