As an HR Generalist you will be responsible for processing payroll for the plants in Belgium and the Netherlands in cooperation with an external payroll company. You will be central point of contact for employees concerning payroll, time & attendance, personnel files, insurances etc. You will also provide support in functional areas of human resources including recruitment, job evaluations, compensation management, learning and development, organization of training and special projects.
• Process of payroll, including master file maintenance, adjustment calculations, payroll verification for employees in Belgium and the Netherlands
• Central point of contact for employees concerning payroll, personnel files, time & attendance, insurances etc.
• Responsible for correct administration concerning labour time reductions, temporary unemployment, (pre) pensions, other absences (care, maternity leave etc.) by interacting proactively with the government departments and other legal entities;
• Checks absences of employees, based on time registration system (blue and white collars) and reports them to HR manager and departments’ heads
• Manages the policy of absenteeism in close collaboration with other HR colleagues
• Onboarding of new hires
• Responsible for reporting to the Work Council in close collaboration with other HR colleagues
• Supports the departments’ heads in the recruitment and selection of new employees by regular interaction with the Talent Acquisition Team and external providers
• Central point of contact for temping agencies - verifies rates and hours billed by the agencies, code the invoices to the correct general ledger accounts, process uniform service invoices
• Responsible for the administrative follow-up of internal and external training courses and development needs of the employees; acting proactively on the training and development needs, organizing and reporting those in the training database
• Participates actively in the Safety and Operational Excellence programs; responsible for the visibility of the safety numbers
• Coordinating proactively the legal medical examinations by interacting with external medical services
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
• 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources including knowledge of payroll system and reporting tools
• Fluent in Dutch and English (written and spoken)
• Good command of MS Office, especially Excel
• Good communication skills, with ability to explain a complex legal matter in a day-to-day language
• Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize
• Flexible to change
• Analytical skills
• Ability to interact with different functions (Manufacturing, Warehousing, Planning, R&D etc) and different levels in the organization (Production team leaders and Management)
This company has a strong footprint in the EMEA region with several thousand employees spread over many corporate offices and manufacturing facilities. They grow the brands that sit in every aspect of people’s daily lives. They stay passionate and curious about our consumers.Join them, help them become industry leaders and be part of:
• Global company with a lot of opportunities, both internationally and locally. They encourage development on a professional and personal level.
• Their friendly and competent team, who can support you to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
• Sustainability Strategy – environmentally sustainable and socially sensitive business practices.
• Charity activities dedicated for local communities.