You can join the largest overall construction project undertaken by our client. They have a business plan to establish a world-scale propane dehydrogenation plan (PDH) and a Cracker (Ethylene and Propylene) in the Antwerp area. The plant is planned to come on-line around 2023-2024.
The name of this project is ‘Project One’, this will be managed by an Integrated Program Management Team.
Project One will ensure the plant is delivered:
• With zero lost time accidents, recorded injuries and environmental releases
• On-time and within budget
• Total compliance with all government laws and Ineos policies during the execution, commissioning and start-up phase
The purpose of the safety coordinator is to assist the HSSE Manager with input to design, construction planning and construction, including handover and integration of activities with the site safety and HSSE teams that will work to ensure safety during operation.
As safety coordinator you will prepare and organise the health and safety program during construction, provide functional support and guidance to the HSSE Manager, working closely with the Construction Managers.
You will have the following key accountabilities:
• Support the layout of the site relating to constructability, accessibility, traffic ways, equipment transport, lifting strategies, etc.
• Ensure site safety on the ground at the site, starting with the first day of site preparation.
• Manage day-to-day safety supervision on site, approve/ disapprove tools & work installations, intervention on unsafe acts.
• Ensure and participate in regular safety inspections on site/fab yards/ fab shops.
• Support Construction managers in resolving HSSE non-conformances, concession requests, etc.
• Liaise closely with the Contractor personnel at the field and Construction Site on all HSSE matters, ensuring yard/field HSSE are resolved in a proper and timely manner.
• Work with the project team to ensure that all construction work, system completions and handover, punch listing, and all HSSE work satisfies Project One specifications and standards.
• Degree qualified in appropriate discipline (mechanical, electromechanical, chemical…);
• Safety Advisor Level 1 (Belgian legal certificate);
• Safety Coordinator design A (Belgian Legal certificate);
• Safety Coordinator achievement A (Belgian Legal certificate);
• More than 10 years’ experience in HSSE roles in Major Construction Projects in Belgium;
• Sound knowledge of HSSE legislation in Belgium;
• Fluent Dutch and good English communication skills;
• Strong planning and organizing ability;
• Willing and flexibility to travel a lot (mostly to the UK)
You will be offered a very competitive salary package.