Engineer Automation & New Technologies
Together with your colleagues, you focus on managing projects and on the introduction of new applications and new technologies on our terminals.
We are offering you the possibility to work in a wide variety of projects and initiatives, ranging from equipment newbuilding projects to the introduction of new technologies. Examples are:
- Introduction of new terminal equipment: from specification over construction follow up to commissioning
- Electrification of our current Diesel powered Straddle Carriers: perform feasibility studies and simulations, implementation of on-site tests and implementation
- Investigation of energy management techniques such as peak shaving and energy storage on our terminals
- Semi-automation of our large quay cranes
- Implementation of predictive maintenance techniques on our equipment
- Implementation of remote equipment monitoring
The nature of your work can be variable as well; depending on the projects, you work on feasibility studies, specifications and technical reviews, or you manage a project in the field.
As much as we appreciate the breadth of your technical interest, we expect you to continuously deepen your domain knowledge.
- You are a born instigator and your personality fits within the ‘can do’ mentality of the company.
- You have an in-depth, structural and analytical approach.
- You are challenged by complex technical problems.
- You are prepared to travel, as required by the projects you are working on.
- You have a degree in Engineering
- You combine technical expertise with project management skills.
- You are at ease in Excel.
- You speak fluently Dutch and English.
- You will work in the challenging, no-nonsense and thriving environment of container handling in the port of Antwerp.
- You join a small team within a large company, working on challenging projects and initiatives, with colleagues focused on results, technical expertise, team work and open communication.
- We offer you interesting possibilities for personal development and trainings.
- We are part of the PSA Group, a leading global port operator with regional HQ in Antwerp, which give you career opportunities.
- A market competitive salary package, in line with your experience, knowledge and responsibilities.