On behalf of our client, world's leading producer of mechanical pipe joining solutions and grooved pipe joining systems, we are looking to recruit a piping designer.
Critical job segments:
- Prepare piping layout drawings, isometric drawings, spool sheet drawings/cut sheets with complete
- BOM’s (bill-of-materials), pad and equipment drawings from customer furnished drawings and vendor
- data in AutoPlant (or other) design modeling software as required.
- Perform checking functions of drawings and bill of materials (plans & sections, isometric's, spool sheets, B.O.M.'s) produced both in-house and by the GDC (Global Design Center) and/or other CPS office, utilizing CPS procedures and standards.
- Must have project management skills (i.e. scheduling, budgeting, expediting, material coordination, information organization, customer interface, preparation of drawing issues to customer, etc.)
- Conduct project review, kick-off meetings, maintain customer contact, and other job control functions.
- Coordinate complete project material handling from manufacturing to installation (i.e. bagging & tagging / expediting, fabrication of combination Victaulic and welded spools, field logistics, etc.
- Prepare and coordinate complete BEP (Basic Engineering Package), adhering to established guidelines, for transferring project to the GDC and/or other CPS office
- For projects that have been transferred to the GDC, provide assistance and comments as required, along with attending daily coordination meetings with the GDC.
- Advise the CPS Project Manager on a weekly basis on status of all assigned projects and assist with project close out and customer satisfaction reports.
- Utilize and enforce the CPS PM Division procedures and policies.
- Prepare Advanced Bill of Materials, and assist the customer care department regarding their content and/or changes to material delivery requirements.
- Assist Sales and with presentation of CPS drawing quotes (as required).
- Assist CPS Estimating, Specification, and Software Development departments (as required).
- Travel to jobsites to obtain accurate field measurements and interact with customers and salespeople as required.
- Assist in the training of Draftspersons, Draftsperson Trainees, and Interns.
- Technical School Education bachelor or master
- Min 5 years solid engineering/design experience required. Piping in HVAC and/or Industrial preferred
- Knowledge of piping specification engineering and pipe support experience is a plus
- Experience with Excel, Microsoft Word, AutoCAD required. Knowledge of any piping software or Revit
- Must have ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer skills required
- Very good knowledge of English
A job at a leading global company. In an international and enjoyable work environment with room for development.